Monday, September 7, 2015

Why a Smile

I was in seventh grade in a new unfamiliar school and I noticed that everyone had braces but me.  Not only was I the new girl but I also looked like I was six, whereas all the other girls in my grade had already gone through puberty and had nice beauty smile. Sadly, I knew that I was going to be far behind them from looking at my older sister and the stories I heard from my mother. I found myself not only behind in looks, but also with my smile. From there I started to look at everyone mouth and examine it and compare it to mine and so the first orthodontist appointment happen.  I was so excited and I just wanted a smile I would proud of and want to show off.
From that point in my life I realized how much a smile means. It is the first thing most people notice, a smile tells a great deal about a person, whether you are a clean person, whether you care about your health, or how well you take care yourself. To me a smile tells me what kind of person you are. What is more important? Designer clothes or a straight, clean, healthy smile?
                             
There are so many people that say they cannot afford braces or to go twice a year to see a hygienist or get a crown to make their smile look nice. The dentist office is expensive, but to me it’s worth it. Take going to a job interview, if you have a gorgeous smile to show off that says, “I have great personal hygiene and I care about the health of not only my mouth but my body”, I feel that individual has more of an opportunity to get the job. How well they keep up their smile shows how well they will care about other tasks, such as a job, in their life.
I want to make it a point in my career to give to others. I want to make going to the dentist affordable. I want to make sure everyone has a clean mouth and a great smile. Those two things will make others look at an individual differently. A smile is not just used to boost self-confidence but also to brighten another person’s day, with a smile and a laugh.

                                                                                                          All it takes is a Smile!

4 comments:

  1. How long did you have to have braces?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had braces for about 2 years, got them on the beginning 8th grade and got them off the beginning of 10th year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. yeah, i was one of those people i hated going to the dentist as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, i was one of those people i hated going to the dentist as a kid.

    ReplyDelete